Re: Re:Northern Gardeners

  As you know, few gardening books even acknowledge there is a zone
3 or 4 except in offhand ways, so these are MY people.

Here. no leaves on trees except Oaks.  Snow fences going up along the roads.
Temp is 40 to 50 daytime cooler at night. very pleasant and the iris still
look quite perky.

Snow fences are a shure sign that they aren't going to call it off for this
year!!  My iris are still looking good, but some are growing limp and
bending over, not from the bottom as with the outer leaves, but just, well,
tired from standing around!!

We have a lot of leaves on the trees. I'm going around the city collecting
bags of leaves for the daylily beds.

Thanks for this address I'm going to look into them.

Carolyn Schaffner -- maybe you can SHARE these folks a while to keep them
in business so they will keep producing???