Re: Region 21 Symposium

You wrote:

 1) don't see enough TB's to make an informed decision

You are not voting one against another - if you grow 5, and 3 do very
well year after year, vote for the 3.  Just because there is 25 max votes
you can vote 1-25.  That's the idea.  1000 people voting for iris "A"
must mean iris "A" is worth having.

2) don't see the *point* of a beauty contest for current flowers
	NO NO NO, that's what a Judge does.  The membership when voting
the symposium does the judges job for them.  ;-)

3) seems like the same 15 or 20 `win' in all sections of N. America

Because more people do not vote.  Even now the top winners of the
symposium are dogs.

I was thinking of `why vote? it doesn't matter'. Feel the same way about
living in a state with 4 electoral votes...

Could really get on my soap box, but please NEVER feel like your vote
doesn't count.......PLEASE!!!!!

4) think they are too many TB's grown now in gardens to the detriment of
the genus.
	True - WAY TOO MANY TB's introduced - follow the money
trail....sorry another soap box...

I would prefer to say "not enough non-TBs."

 Do away with the TB symposium - seriously. It is obviously not a real
symposium....hardly anybody votes - there are reasons why -
	APATHY - laziness - "Who cares".  Guess what?  It's getting
worse, but change must come from the grass roots level. (or iris roots

Get out there and VOTE!!!!!

Dennis Stoneburner
zone 5-6 sorta