Well folks, it looks like we will get our first freeze tonight.  It has rained and
SNOWED off and on all day.  I took today off to work in my flower beds and this is
what I get.  Instead I spent the day reading with a nice warm fire.  I think our high
for the day was at midnight - 52 degrees F.  So far my iris are ok but it is only 9:30
and it is down to 34 degrees.  We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Dana Brown  Lubbock, Texas  Zone 7
Where the coldest it's ever been is -17 on 2/8/33 and the warmest it's
ever been is 114 on 6/27/94.  Our average first freeze is November 3rd
and our average last freeze is April 9th.  Our growing season is @ 208
days long with 164 of them clear.