Re: Region 21 Symposium

    Ok, I realize the symposium is not perfect.  But, and this is a very big but, it is
your way of telling the rest of the world which iris do well for you.  If you grow 10 iris
and 2 of them are outstanding then vote for those two.  If you don't vote then you
are allowing the active minority to set policy or make decisions on which iris are
the best.  You are not allowed to gritch over the same lousy iris winning over and
over unless you vote.  If you don't vote you give up your right to comment.  This
goes for all elections.  I feel the same way about a myriad of subjects, like jury
duty, elections and ballots.  Unless I do my bit then I have no right to criticize those
that do.
    Hope I didn't step on any toes but this is how I feel.

Dana Brown  Lubbock, Texas  Zone 7
Where the coldest it's ever been is -17 on 2/8/33 and the warmest it's
ever been is 114 on 6/27/94.  Our average first freeze is November 3rd
and our average last freeze is April 9th.  Our growing season is @ 208
days long with 164 of them clear.