Beardless

We had our local beardless auction and sale last night and today. Went
pretty well. We had a booth at one of the local farmers markets and sold
a bunch.

Even I, Mr. Die Hard TB bought some LAs, and a couple of JIs for my pond
and a bunch of PCNIs to scatter about the place.

Sorry I missed the 18th, but none the less:

Born on Carol Wallace's  (Oct 18th)  birthday in :
1925 - Melina Mercouri - Burst onto the international scene in the role
of Ilya, the flamboyant, good-hearted prostitute in the film Never on
Sunday (1960); in later years as Greece's minister of culture (1981-89;
1993-94)

1898 - Lottie Lenya -  Movie/Stage Actress, Singer, Austrian,
RN:Karoline Blamauer; Kurt Weill's wife; some say she was born Oct 18,
1900

and in 1776 - The back of a bar in New York is decorated with birds'
tail feathers. A customer jokingly asked for a glass of those "cock
tails," and a tradition was born!

Happy belated birthday Carol.
---

John Jones, jijones@ix.netcom.com