Ominous Stranger

Nell,

>>Was intrigued by the prize to Sterling Innerst's OMINOUS STRANGER for 'most
original color'.  Has anyone seen this tall bearded, either in a garden or a
photo/slide?  I'd love to have a
description.<<

OMINOUS STRANGER is a pale yellow ground plicata, with dusky purple markings.
 It reminds me of storm clouds and the light slanting in from the west after
an evening thunderstorm.  I think it would have been neat if Sterling had
figured out a storm name for it.  I had a chance to buy for a song last year
at our auction, but had sworn off TBs, have been kicking myself ever since.
 It is one of the most distinctive irises on the market.
Kathryn Mohr, near Albany NY, zone 5, no frost yet
Proud HIPS member