Re: Region 21 Symposium

Ellen answered:

 >> Q. Which is worse, ignorance or apathy?
 >>   A. Ignorance

My political activist background makes me disagree.  Ignorance is *much
more easily cured!

But back to the symposium issue for real...Probably the most common reason for
lack of participation is the first one Ellen cited.  I don't know what
percentage of the AIS membership have belonged for fewer than three years, but
most of those new members probably feel as I do, that they've neither seen nor
grown enough tall bearded iris for their vote to be meaningful.  Give me
another season of garden visiting, and I'll cheerfully (if somewhat ignorantly)
vote away.  But I wish I had the opportunity to do the same thing for
Siberians, without having to be a member of yet another section.

 Nell Lancaster, Lexington, Virginia, USA  USDA zone 6b
       75500.2521@compuserve.com