RE Japanese

I live on the central coast of California where it is unusual to get a
freeze in the winter. I have been "playing" with these reblooming seedlings
for many years now. I originally got the seeds from a mail order company
10-12 years ago. They were identified as Higo hybrids. These were the first
iris seeds that I tried to grow so parentage wasn't that important at the
time. This was a couple of years before I joined the Iris society. What
happens is that I get blooms at the regular time for around here which is
around July, then in mid to late august they begin to rebloom and continue
until November or December. I just cut bloom stalk Friday to bring to our
local meeting. I am the only one around here who grows JI so I don't have
much info. I have given a couple of the society members rhizomes from the
rebloomers and they say that the plants just keep putting up bloom stalks.
Karin Hinsen
Central Coast of California
Mild summers
Mild wet winters