Re: IRIS Books L'IRIS une fleur royale

On Sun, 20 Oct 1996 CEMahan@aol.com wrote:

> Clarence Mahan in  VA, who thinks I DO still has a lot
> of breeding potential. (It throws lots of reblooming seedlings...more than
> any other iris I have used in breeding.)

Clarence: I totally agree with your perspecitve on I DO.  I, too, am
looking forward to spring bloom to use it agin in my breding program.  I
used it several years ago and got some relaly good things from it.  This
past sping while re-evaluating some of my former crosses and successes, I
decided I needed to use it again.  Two ohter things that I feel have a
lot of potential are: LEMON REFLECTION and SUMMER OLYMPICS by Raymond
Smith, 78 and 80 intros.  I have third generation seddling from both of
thses and interbred that will rival the fluffiness of any new west coast
intro.

More later.   An intro from me is forthcoming

Gary Sides, (formerly Region 7) now Region 1 southern Mass, where HARVEST
OF MEMORIES is desperately trying to open even after several nights at 28
degrees. USDA 5