Fancy Tales, rot, etc.

>From several people (Lee DeJongh, Phyllis Soine, Clarence Mahan among
them) have come reports that FANCY TALES, however fancy the flower,
is not fancy in performance.  I wish I could report the contrary, but
it didn't perform here any better.  Two tries, two rottings, and
that's enough for me.  Apparently FANCY TALES chooses to be fancy
only out in its native Oregon.  It looks so interesting in the
catalog pictures; a shame one can't see it in the garden.

Arnold Koekkoek (NW Iowa, zone 4)