Re: Region 21 Symposium

On Sat, 19 Oct 1996, Arnold Koekkoek wrote:

> 	  Why are so many AIS members unwilling to take time to vote?

	As one who has never voted in a TB symposium, I can try to explain
	why I never voted. 1) don't see enough TB's to make an informed
	decision
	 2) don't see the *point* of a beauty contest for current flowers
	 3) seems like the same 15 or 20 `win' in all sections of N. America
	 4) think they are too many TB's grown now in gardens to the detriment
	    of the genus

> I noted Region 4's percentage of something like 14+%, and ours is not
> a lot better:  55 voting out of a posible 296=18.58%.  Anyway, here
> are top vote-getters in the upper midwest.

	Two points here: a) this is not a valid survey because of the small
                           percentages
			b) thank you for telling us what part of the continent
			  your region covers - it is helpful, Arnold

	In trying to be succinct and following our leader's rules )))) ,
	I hope no one construes this short post to be a `flame' at the TB
	symposiums. It isn't.

	Cheers,

	Ellen Gallagher  e_galla@moose.ncia.net  Zone 3 (cold)