Re: new iris increase (was: Rhizomes only bloom once?)

>  I am fascinated by the levels of
> > fan growth on the irises I  planted this summer.  Some have one large
> > fan, some have added one or more smaller fans to that, a couple have 5
> > or 6 fans already, and some are struggling to maintain the one small fan
> > they had or newly-grew.  This is one thing I'm keeping track of.
    This sounds like fun.  I say as I reach for my tape recorder and head for the
garden to make notes on this.

Dana Brown  Lubbock, Texas  Zone 7
Where the coldest it's ever been is -17 on 2/8/33 and the warmest it's
ever been is 114 on 6/27/94.  Our average first freeze is November 3rd
and our average last freeze is April 9th.  Our growing season is @ 208
days long with 164 of them clear.