Re: Region Symposia

In a message dated 96-10-19 18:38:56 EDT, Ellen write:
>>          2) don't see the *point* of a beauty contest for current flowers
and ?Gerry (sorry Tom, poor memory and I already deleted the message..> ( )
>It's a lot more than a beauty contest--good garden plants are
>rewarded strongly, at least in the long run.

Otherwise an antique like VANITY wouldn't have come in first in one of the
regions mentioned on the list.  Certainly VANITY is a beauty, and one of my
favorites (it lives!), but there are much more beautiful pinks and other
colors that just don't do well everywhere.

Linda Mann lmann76543@aol.com east TN USA