Bloom Report, Again

The last bloom on my stalk of BROTHER CARL (TB, Zurbrigg) is getting ready
to open in the next couple of days.  There were three buds total on the
stalk with one hiding just beneath the first bud that opened.  I do believe
the second flower to open on BROTHER CARL was prettier than the first one
(probably because of no rain). If BROTHER CARL is a good example of Lloyd
Zurbrigg's introductions, I think I may be hooked on his creations.

Now I'm eagerly anticipating two fans of BILLIONAIRE (TB, Byers) which have
started putting up flower stalks.

Today was a great day in the garden with temperatures in the 70's (F) and
sunny, clear skies.  I took advantage of the day by weeding my flower beds
and planting  a new area near the mailbox.  I need more flower beds already.
Looks like my dream of getting rid of the lawn (really a weed sanctuary) may
eventually come true!

I have to confess that I've already started (or more accurately I've never
stopped) dreaming about the new acquisitions for next Spring.  I'm dreaming
of more rebloomers, historics, and Louisianas.  So many choices, so little time.

Donald Mosser
North Augusta, South Carolina, USA
Zone 7b-8