Re: Reblooming JI

>I have a couple of JI seedlings that rebloom pretty consistantly. Is there
>any one out there who is working with RE Japanese? Can some of you JI
>people connect with me and let me know what is happening in this area.

Currier McEwen has been introducing what he calls "preferential repeat bloom"
Japanese iris for some years.  But a number of us believe that to get the
"preferential repeat bloom" more than as a fluke one must live in very cold
climates.  I tend to believe, as a number of others do, that some JIs are
more sensitive to late cold set backs, which affects some of the bloom
stalks...making them appear later.  In any event the rebloom has not been
like it is in bearded irises.
When you say your seedlings rebloom fairly consistently, could you explain.
 How many years have they been doing it, and in what season?  If you have
seedlings that will dependably rebloom in a warmer climate than Maine and
Minnesota, or upstate NY, you have something great.  What is background of
your seedlings?  Clarence Mahan in VA