4 degrees

>Reminds me that I've always wondered what exactly that means --4 degrees of
>frost. Is it 32 minus 4, or 28 degrees? They say it in lots of British
>books, etc., too. Is it the same as in Canada?

Kathyguest here

I don't think she is evaluating the frost, so much as giving the temperature.
 4 degrees is 4 degrees.... waaaaaaaay below 32 degrees, which is tee-shirt
weather after awhile.

In other words - in centigrade, 4 degrees is waaaaaaay below 'zero'

Kathyguest...  in the Buffalo NY area, where I'm expecting two famous daylily
hybridizers from Florida tomorrow for our banquet and the weatherman says
SNOW (damn)