Queen of Show

Hello Fellow	Iris Lovers, Writing to you from sunny San Diego,
California, Zone 9.  The weather was close to 80 degrees today.  I was
out in my swim suit in the iris field.  We have  seven rows of fifty new
iris planted this year.  I was encouraged to hear from the person who
took runner up to queen of show.  We just won Queen of show in April
with CLOUDS ADRIFT.  It was our first show ever so we felt really proud.
That is the most beautiful white iris and grows so abundantly.  Each
stalk is covered with six to eight huge cloud white flowers.  They
really smell too.  The whole kitchen fills with the sweetest aroma.  We
are trying to get a HONKY TONK BLUES, QUEEN OF CALICO, and BRIDES HALO.
I could trade some beautiful pinks like PINK SWAN.  We were unable to
get these on our order from Nicholson's Iris Gardens.  They have the
best buys and are a fraction of the cost with the same product and
quality as Cooleys, Schriners, and Roris.  We have been having a problem
with the crows pulling our iris out of the ground! They are looking for
bugs and the iris get in their way.  Can't wait till those roots get
established.  Signing  off from srocha@pacbell.net