FW: FANCY TALES

----------
From: 	iris-l@rt66.com on behalf of wsoine@Gems.VCU.EDU
Sent: 	Friday, October 18, 1996 11:37 AM
To: 	Multiple recipients of list
Subject: 	Re: FANCY TALES

>Lee DeJongh wrote that FANCY TALES (TB) was lost.

Fancy Tales is one of my favorite Iris.  I tend to go for the more vividly
outrageous colored Iris.  Unfortunately although georgeous it is not a
particularly vigorous grower. In fact it is a very poor grower & bloomer. I
have been babying mine for three years now and the plant has only sent out one
extension. The first year it had no blooms the second year only one which my
cat broke off and this last year it had one stalk with four buds, one of which
opened and then the stalk rotted below the other buds. This fall I moved it to
the dryest sunnyest spot in my garden. Hopefully this will help it.

I am trying to breed it with a more vigorous grower yet still keep its
coloring. I crossed it with Let's Dance this year but the pod got broken off
before it had matured. I'll try again next year.

Jefrie Jenkins
LeonAdamsJr@msn.com
Zone 5