Re: Timber Press & Seed-Starting

Jane Mattei wrote:
>   Carol Wallace wrote:
> >
> > There is a web site for Timber Press. There you can browse their entire
> > catalog.  Sorry I don't have the URL--but it's easy to findwith a search.
> > Carol
>      Jane replies:
> I just popped out to do a quick search and found the URL for Timber
> Press:
>
> http://www.timber-press.com/index.html
>
> This is their home page with links to a whole pile of other stuff.
>
> Jane Mattei  IL/Z5
> 1996 First frost: 11 Oct 96 (about 4 degress)
> Happy Thanksgiving, Canada!

Thank you, Jane!  And Carol and Ellen too for their help.  I'm just back
from visiting Timber Press's website. Very impressive! Lots and lots of
links, as you said -- also when you're visiting, check out their Weekly
Wisdom, exerpts from quite a few of their books. I especially liked the
one from CREATIVE PROPAGATION re starting seeds, specifically their
this was one of the things I was looking for, tho the author was talking
about annuals.

Thanks to Carolyn, Diana and Kay for their input re my little seed
project. I will find some sand. Kay, I enjoyed your Gardenia account
very much! Guess I could add the vinegar to regular MiracleGro. But they
won't have to be fed any more this Fall, probably.  Sorry that my irises
have to be in 4 gallon pots this year--they have plenty of room at least
until I can transplant next summer, and we'll mound dirt around them for
the winter.  Our plans for terracing the 5 acres are a little behind
schedule! Once that's done we can plant to our little hearts' content!
(This winter I am being consoled by lots and lots of just-purchased baby
houseplants.)

Cheers,  Barb Johnson   ljohnson@cland.net, USDA zone 5b I guess.
First frost for sure Saturday a.m.--33 degrees forecast for Springfield,
and we'll be about 4-5 deg. under that.