Re: IRIS Books

Jane, your appended note:

>Jane Mattei  IL/Z5
>1996 First frost: 11 Oct 96 (about 4 degress)
>Happy Thanksgiving, Canada!

Reminds me that I've always wondered what exactly that means --4 degrees of
frost. Is it 32 minus 4, or 28 degrees? They say it in lots of British
books, etc., too. Is it the same as in Canada?

--Regina Moore (moores@friend.ly.net)
Centreville, MD Zone 7
on the Chesapeake Bay
Two light frosts here, enough to put spots on the basil, but nothing serious. :)