Re: Rebloom Report

Donald says:
> I still have much work to do:
--
    Donald, I sympathize and empathize with you.  As a matter of fact I even ache
for you.  No wait, those aches are mine from pulling weeds out of the pecan bed.  I
got almost a third of done before I gave up and decided to water it again.  I had it
nice and damp and then got sidetracked.  Instead of staying home and pulling
weeds we went to the arboretum for a talk on fall flowers and a tour/search of the
butterfly gardens.  There were Monarchs everywhere.  It didn't do much for my
weeds but it was good for my soul.
    Today Coral Charmer opened.  Talk about a show stalk.  Beautifully branched,
7 beds, and a gorgeous terminal bloom.  Wow!  Witch of Endor, Dime Spot, and
Palo Pinto are all still at it.  Grenadine Pacesetter should be open tomorrow or the
next day.  While weeding I found an SDB that had bloomed under a weed and I
never saw it.  The label is one of the bubble jet labels and is totally illegible so I
am going to have to dig out my maps and figure out who I missed.

Dana Brown  Lubbock, Texas  Zone 7
Where the coldest it's ever been is -17 on 2/8/33 and the warmest it's
ever been is 114 on 6/27/94.  Our average first freeze is November 3rd
and our average last freeze is April 9th.  Our growing season is @ 208
days long with 164 of them clear.