pleasant surprise

I found a wonderful surprise when I got home from a week end trip.
The stalk of Istanbul that I had given up on seeing in bloom actually
opened. I had cut it before I left and there it was one bud open and the
second open when I woke up this morning. I had just about given upo on
it with the cold overnight temps, which is why I did bring it in the
house.  Definitely my last iris for the season and it looks great.
Maybe Carolyn's stalk of Immortality would have some competition.
Hamburg,NY zone5/6