Re: Iris Chrysographes, and Spuria Seeds

           If I put the pro-mix plus liquid fertilizer in it and work it well,
do you think it will be O.K. for produce iris, lillies and other flowers?

 ***

 I think that with the clay underlay, you should stay away from liquid of
all kinds!! Lilium would not be happy with it and neither would the iris.

both need extremely good drainage.  if you use a fertilizer, try a granular
or at least a slow release.  How deep before you get to the clay?? there
might be room for iris, but probably not for lilium.  daylilies tho would
probably love it!! (is that some sort of sacreligious thing I just said??)

gardening is about trying things to see what works.--

Ginny Prins is a lilium expert!!  Ginny you out there?

 I just put in a half dozen really special lilies which can grow in the
partial shade with hosta on the edge of the iris beds... can't wait to see
what happens.

Carolyn Schaffner -- anyone elses with advise here??