Re: Weather

Ellen:  I thought NW Iowa weather was bad and gave such a long
winter, but you make our territory a veritable banana belt.  This
winter here already lasts too long for my aging bones; the best thing
about a long winter is that it gives you plenty of time to pour over
the seed/nursery catalogs.  Too bad the iris catalogs aren't around
during that time.  The winter here would be more bearable without the
constant wind--nothing between here and the North Pole that would
stop wind, it seems--and it sounds like you are very exposed to the
same thing.  At least if you have a good snow cover you don't have to
worry about winter hurting your iris.

Arnold Koekkoek (NW Iowa, zone 4, which is all the cold I need and
then some!)