"Pinto" spuria seeds

A question for spuria-growing irisarians:

I accidentally let seed pods develop on 2 spuria irises this season.   I
 brought them in about 10 days ago, when a hard freeze was forecast.  The
pods were already beginning to split open at the tops at that time.  Tonite I
opened them and shelled them out--the first spuria seeds I've really had a
good look at.

Most of the ones from VINTAGE YEAR x ? (probably self?) are a pink tinted
beige color, but 1 or 2 are partly black.  The seeds from WYOMING COWBOYS are
about 33% pink-beige, 33% black, and 33% pinto; part black, part pink-beige.
 The seeds all look about the same in development and  maturity.  The plants
also seem to be fairly healthy, altho not very vigorous. ( Except BELISE,
which must be the DOROTHEA K. WILLIAMSON of spurias!)

Is this usual in spuria seeds?  Or some kind of dread disease, like the
mustard fungus?  Is it any indication of future flower color ?

Any information would be appreciated!  TIA

Dorothy Fingerhood
DFingerhoo@aol.com
(Newfield, NY)  Too darn cold and dark already.