Trap for Moles, etc.

>Linda Ridlon wrote:
>The moles have been very active here lately.
>Things I have tried:
                         >smoke bombs in the holes
                         >Poison bait
                         >Moth balls
                         >diazanon granules
                         >a cat.
                         >hardware cloth cages
>I'm running out of ideas and I am seeing new mole activity every day.

I am using a trap called a "Black Hole", it works very well on my endless
supply of
pocket gophers, I don't have moles at least I have never found anything that
looks like a mole. The instructions suggest the trap works on moles and rats
so you could give it a try.  I bought my trap at a store in Calgary called
the 'UFA' (United Farmers of Alberta), there is a US address for returns, so
I imagine if you write to the address you could order one, there isn't a
telephone number to be had anywhere on the instructions (you could try
directory information?), here's the address:

           Consep Inc.
           213 S.W. Columbia
           Bend, OR,
           97702

The trap is round- about 3" diameter and 7" long, it weighs less than 1/2
lb, it takes very little to set up and kills the pesky critters without any
mess. I pull the gopher out by the tail and wing it into the bush for the
wild animals or give it to one of my outdoor cats. I absolutly hate doing
any of this and have tried  other methods to control or keep the gophers out
of my garden, I consider using traps a last resort, after the smoke bombs,
cats (all 5 of them) and mesh.......

I hope this helps solve some problems (the deer ate my Fritillaria's this
past spring1)

And my birthday for the record is June 6 1954  which puts me just below the
average age!
Anne Savannah          savannah@cadvision.com
Box13  Site6  RR1  DeWinton  AB  T0L 0X0    Tel:403-254-1243
zone3b  min temp -40F  snow forcast for Wednesday!