Re: Excel or other databases

Anastasia Czerniakiewicz wrote:

I would agree with the utility of spreadsheets. I've been using them since I worked
at Apple and was showing people how to use Visicalc.

> I am not familiar with Helix Express. I started with Access because its
> model of working is closest to the other MicroSoft tools I was familiar
> with.

Helix is a pretty easy to use relational Database. Very Mac type, visual, drag and
drop construction for relations and reports. Never used Access. By the time it came
out I was using Helix, and Access was so bad in its initial release people
essentially paid $99 to be testers for a pre-release.

On 14 Oct  in -

1066 - Battle of Hastings, in which William the Conqueror wins England
1774  -1st declaration of colonial rights in America.
1926 - Boys and girls, gather 'round as we tell you that the classic A.A. Milne book,
Winnie-the-Pooh made its debut on this day in 1926.
1947 - 1st supersonic flight (Mach 1.015 at 42,000 feet).

Born on this day in:
1644 - William Penn colonist: founded the colony of Pennsylvania as a haven for

And at the top of the charts on this day in:
1961 - Runaround Sue - Dion

John Jones, jijones@ix.netcom.com
Heavy clay base for my raised beds.