Odds and ends

1. Thanks to everyone for information about pseudocorus from everyone,
especially the note from Clarence.

2.  Someone asked about World of Iridaceae by Clive Innes.  I find this an
invaluable reference book about genera of irises that I have never heard of
before.  I am now growing Dietes, Moraea, Watsonia, etc. in pots.  After
about four years with Dietes I am hoping for flowers next summer!  They stay
in the house from October to late May up here.  If someone wishes to obtain
a copy, they might contactMrs. M.R. Clark, 18 Blamoral Place, Halifax, West
Yorkshire, United Kingdom HX1 2BG.  She runs a book store for gardening and
botanical books and sold me a secondhand one in excellent condition for
25.74 pounds including postage - which is about $40 US.

3.  My worst experience on TV was in Japan before an audience of 350 wealthy
women (I forget the society).  I had a podium and my translator had a
microphone.  I spoke two sentence and paused - not translation!  The
translator was shy and all he could see was 350 women looking at him exposed
on the stage.  We ran through the start a couple of times more before he
finally broke the sound barrier!

Ian E. Efford
Ian E. Efford
Ottawa zone 3