Re: Weather

At 07:49 AM 12/10/96 -0600, you wrote:

>On Sat, 12 Oct 1996, Christopher Hollinshead wrote:
>
>> > Temp. today was 14 F min. and it was so cold and windy that I wore a
> > > pair of ski gloves while gardening.....
>>
>> Brrrrrrrrrrr....sounds ominous...
>

>	Today the 8 AM temp. was 5 degrees F.....today is the bulb festival
>	at Mountain River Flower Farm on the river (frozen ?) with live jazz
>	music, etc. Guess we should plan on parkas and winter boots. :-(

Ellen,
What do they do at a bulb festival in the (cold) autumn?
I think I had better quit complaining about Tennessee weather.  That New
Hampshire cold is too much for me.  We are enjoying lovely weather right
now.  In fact, if Tennessee were like this all the time, it would soon be
overpopulated.
I have a lovely stalk of LIGHT REBUFF in bloom right now.  This is the first
time it has bloomed in my garden, and I really like it.  Also, EARL OF ESSEX
is blooming.  It may not be like California, but it's a lot warmer here than
in New Hampshire!
Julie Allen  jwallen@blomand.net Sparta, TN  zone 6