Re: Rhizomes only bloom once?

> After they bloom, a rhizome will produce 2 more rhizomes that summer which
> will
> bloom and do the same the following year.  The mother rhizome will become a
> feeder to the others. This perhaps explains why it's hard to get a newly
> planted rhizome from the nursuries to bloom the next spring unless they have
> had sufficient time to produce their 2 rhizomes.  Do I have this right?
    This is the way I understand it.  The rhizomes you bought are one of the
increase from this years mother rhizome.  That rhizome has everything required to
bloom.  I'm not sure if anyone understands why one rhizome will bloom next year
and the one beside it won't.  Whether it blooms or not that rhizome you bought
should reproduce and have at least two babies.  The next bloom season you will
have twice as good a chance for bloom, and so on until you dig all those rhizomes
up and separate and replant them.

Dana Brown  Lubbock, Texas  Zone 7
Where the coldest it's ever been is
-17 on 2/8/33 and the warmest it's