Re: AIS????

Mike Lowe wrote:
> isomedia.com server is down at present, has been since late on the 10th.
> Mirrors anyone?
> Cheers,
> Mike Lowe
I just loaded the page, it was slow and intermittent in the loading process but
eventually I got it. Maybe the server is up and down.

On 11 Oct  in -
1811 - First steam powered ferry began operations (NYC to  Hoboken NJ).
1868 - Thomas Alva Edison filed for his first invention (electrical vote
recorder for Congress).  (Even basck then someone knew we had to keep track of
the way those turkeys vote!)
1881 - Roll film for cameras was patented this day. Was it George  Eastman or
Mr. Kodak who patented the stuff? No. That honor belongs to D.H. Houston of
Cambria, Wisconsin.
1922 - 1st woman FBI "special investigator" appointed (Alaska  Davidson).
1983 - Bryant Pond, ME changed to dial telephones.

Born on this day in:
1759 - Parson Weems (Mason Locke Weems), originator of traditional "fables",
such as George Washington's cherry tree incident.

And at the top of the charts on this day in:
1956 - Hound Dog/Don't be Cruel - Elvis Presley

John Jones, jijones@ix.netcom.com
Heavy clay base for my raised beds.