Re: My first rot

Amy wrote:
>I guess I will Comet the remains but I'm not lifting it.

Linda replied:
Be brave Amy, let it die - it will leave a place to try something stronger
next year...maybe Clarence's REMINISCENCE, which is growing like a weedy
monster here.

I guess philosophies just differ on that, Amy, because I say, "Go get
that bleach and give it a dose, a good one."  I've inherited the
blood of my Dutch ancestors who would turn over in their graves if I
let something die for which I'd paid my good money.  If I like it,
it's worth a little extra effort, especially an iris!  I know it may
be a yearly battle to keep dosing the plant, but I'm too tight to
give up without a fight!

Arnold Koekkoek (NW Iowa, zone 4-first touch of frost last night, but
it didn't get anything in my garden)