Freeze damage

I was interested in the "Frost holler" posts since they brought up a subject
which I have been wondering about ever since we had the awful killing freeze
last March which followed a warm spell and killed even the hardy little
naturalized daffodils, which natives here had never seen killed by late
freezes before.

i did keep a chart of temperatures, what action I took, and what damage was
done to various plants.  What I wanted to find out, and have been unable to
find, is a chart or some kind of reference which will tell me at what point
(that is, at what temperature and for how long) damage is done to various
plants, iris but also peonies, daffodils, etc.  Does anyone have a source
for this information?

Julie Allen  jwallen@blomand.net  Sparta, TN, not too far from Linda Mann,
zone 6