Weather (was: My first rot)

On Fri, 11 Oct 1996, Arnold Koekkoek wrote:

> Arnold Koekkoek (NW Iowa, zone 4-first touch of frost last night, but
> it didn't get anything in my garden)

	There is a big difference between Zones 3 and 4, after all. We
	had snow last night for the second time....but you all make me
	feel like a visitor in your reblooming iris gardens and I am
	enjoying it immensely.

	 Our ground is frozen in some places but usually is workable in the
	afternoon after thawing out. It better be tomorrow since I am picking
	be since I am picking up a a big order of bulbs and plan on putting
	them in the prepared beds this week-end. Next year bulbous iris,
	but tulips, narcissi, croci and lilium will just have to do this
	 year or should I say next year?

	Cheers,

	Ellen Gallagher e_galla@moose.ncia.net  Lancaster, New Hampshire,USA
		Zone 3 (-40 F min. in winter) Temp. today was 14 F min. and
		it was so cold and windy that I wore a pair of ski gloves
		while gardening plus various other winter gear - what a
		sight.  :-D = LOL