iris declared noxious plant

Hi Folks

Well here in The Bay Of Plenty New Zealand the iris has reached a new high
or low depending on which view you take.

Iris Pseudocorus (Yellow Flag) was declared a noxious plant & is now banned
from sale, propagation or distribution. Hefty fines will be imposed on
anyone caught flouting this law.
It is described as : Robust, rhizomatous perenial aquatic plant up to 2
metres in high.  Forms clumps or a floaring mat but may establish in drains
or low lying pasture.  Flowers :  4 to 12 goldern-yellow flowers, 5 to 12 cm
wide may have brown or violet veins.  Leaves : Spear shaped.  Dispersal:
Deliberate planting or fragmentation of mat.  May spread by seed.   Control
: Mechanical & application of herbicide.

Is this plant noxious in the States & Canada or is it a NZ thing ? ?

Hmmmm, I must go & remove the big clump that I have from plain veiw to a
more hidden spot.

Oh the Nutsedge or nutgrass is mentioned also as a plant to be controlled as
it maybe come invasive.  I seem to recall a thread about this plant.

On a brighter note  Spaztel, Okalahoma Bandit,Words N Music, Wedding Vow,
Andi are all in full bloom & they look GREAT !!!!

Where the sun is shining & the sky is blue
Life is great ! ! !
Sonya van der Hulle at mcsmudh@wave.co.nz
Edgecumbe,The Bay Of Plenty, New Zealand.
temp.-2C or 28F in the winter.  31C or 88F in the summer.
zone 9 (thanks Chad)
The first country to see the light of the new day.