Re: iris declared noxious plant

Is this plant noxious in the States & Canada or is it a NZ thing ? ?
**

Lots of discussion about this earlier in the growing season, Sonya. The
plant IS banned in some places of the USA and ignored in others. It is
a "pest" no matter where it is grown, since borers love it, and it will
clog drainpipes, etc.

I have never encountered "plant police" or have anyone check what I grow.
I vote for someone to spread the word about purple loosestrife AS WELL AS
this plant -- Bob Turley claims that Purple loosestrife is NOT invasive
in the south.

There are as many opinions about the invasiveness of each of these plants
as there are states in the Union,and Plant Societies!! Indiviudalism!!

Carolyn Schaffner in DARK DARK Buffalo, NY looking at my AIS calendar over
the top of my computer screen