Re Noxious plants

Very interesting to get the low down on pseudocaurus at long last and
nice to know its common name Yellow flag.  We had (note tense) a
noxious growing in our garden today.  Mr Sandi who comes on Thursday
with his 2 grey horses and his cart to work in the garden,  steered
me firmly by the elbow,  and with  furrowed brow whipped out a boring
little weed  Dagga he said coldly.  (dagga = marijuana = pot).  I was
appalled,  how did that get there.  Mr Sandi says when people smoke
it,  they drop the seeds.  I must investigate further.  Mother (82)
was delighted,  says she always believes in seizing the opportunity
and plans a little stall.  Otherwise this is a very good spring,  all
the old flags have been and are brilliant,  the wistaria is out,  the
roses are budding,  the water lilies are more plentiful and some of
the new flags with names have bloomed and/or have buds.  What a
pleasure.

Sally in S Africa where we have no rain - its critical

Sally Guye
email zosg@warthog.ru.ac.za