Re: Frost holler

I have been out looking at every iris today on my day off, and I suspect we
aren't the only ones who have to go stare at them.

You are right there.  I try to walk my beds every night.  I do this almost year round.
In the winter I only go out once or twice a week and check my mulching and make
sure that everything is taking the cold well.  Not that I could do much about it, I just
feel the urge to get out and get some sun on my face and dirt on my hands.
Tonights walk rewarded me with open blooms on Witch of Endor, Hidden Magic,
Royal Magician and Dime Spot.  There are bloom stalks on Palo Pinto, Grenadine
Pacesetter and Coral Charmer.  I also noticed that more of the iris are shaking off
the effects of the Round Up.  They still are not quite up to par but the dry year has
also contributed to that.

Dana Brown  Lubbock, Texas  Zone 7
Where the coldest it's ever been is
-17 on 2/8/33 and the warmest it's