Re: Dietes!

On 10/10/96 9:03AM, in message
<96100921090611950@muskrat.com>, Slc.dennis Bishop
<starlord@muskrat.com> wrote:

    I send a photo of an iris that I got from a ladys house up on
the north shore to someone who's not on the list. He has I.D.ed it
as Dietes Bicolor or Dietes Vegata. He used the book 'The World of
Iris.
    Does anyone else use or have this book? how much did it cost?
    I put the Duch Iris in my refrig's viggie bin, figure I'll get
some potting soil next month and plant them.

Dahliaman@muskrat.com

. Why should I spend $300 for a 32bit machine? Jaguar 64bits
___ Mountain Reader II - #Demo 001
--
    The World of Iris is probably my most treasured book on iris.  This
coming from a person with her own library.  Seriously, we have
thousands of books on all subjects and this books lives on the
headboard of my bed so that it is always at hand to answer those
questions.  It can be purchased from the American Iris Society.
Make your check for $20.00 payable to the American Iris Society and
send the order to:
        Jerry Gifford
        PO Box 1414
        Antioch, TN  37011
    This same address also has the check list that list all iris registered
for the 10 year period listed.  They have 1939, 1949, 1959 & 1969 for
$10.00 each.  1979 is $17.00, 1989 is $15.00.  Then there are
Registration and Introduction books that are for 1 year only and will later
be compiled into a 10 year check list.  1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994,
1995 are all $6.00 each
    The last thing I am going to pitch is the Handbook for Judges and
Show Officials.  This is a very valuable book and lines out what we are
looking for in each type of iris both show and garden.  It also explains
what is required to put on an iris show.  This book is the best bargain of
all at $6.00

Dana Brown  Lubbock, Texas  Zone 7
Where the coldest it's ever been is
-17 on 2/8/33 and the warmest it's