Re: Unnamed Irises

On 10/10/96 5:14PM, in message
<961010180129_330735114@emout16.mail.aol.com>,
JForte21@aol.com wrote:

Everyone, especially HIPS people:

I'm wondering--what are the chances that the old-fashioned iris we run
into
here and there once had a real name?  Did many non-registered iris
sneak out
of the nurseries, or did a large percentage of them simply become
separated
from their names as the years went by?

Mary Forte, Atascadero, CA, zone 8/9, feeling sorry for her poor nameless
irises and wishing the 100+ days would go away
--
    In my humble opinion I would say that most iris that are not species
were once named hybrids.  Somewhere along the line either the