Re: Reblooming Immortality

Mike Lowe wrote:

> Spathe (spathe-valve) -- A bract or modified leaf subtending a flower or
> group of flowers (often an inner and outer spathe are present in iris)
> Spathes may be green and fleshy or dry and papery -- In the early stages of
> development the spathes enclose and protect the young flower buds.

Mike (and Dana Brown too)

Thanks, couldn't remember. I think the spathe is also the part that gives
Bougainvillea its color.

--
On 9 Oct  in -
1000 - Leif Ericson discovers "Vinland" (possibly New England)

And at the top of the charts on this day in:
1958 - It's All in the Game - Tommy Edwards

And born on Suzette Guay's birthday in :
1940 John Lennon (and in 1975,his son Sean)

And born on Julie Irwins birthday (yesterday) in:
1515 - Margaret Douglas Lennox, Countess of  Harbottle Castle, Northumberland,
Eng.  Prominent intriguer in England during the early reign of Queen Elizabeth
I.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LADIES
---

John Jones, jijones@ix.netcom.com