Re: No Subject

>I will check with Chuck and see
>whether he's got Reminisence.

Diana, You might be interested in why I named the iris "Reminiscence".  When
this iris first bloomed as a seedling I was amazed at the flowers, which have
mineral violet standards, deep plum falls lightly edged in mauve, and bright
yellow-orange beards.  The most distinguishing feature is the velvety texture
of the falls.  This is why I almost named the iris "New Dominion"....the
great iris DOMINION (Bliss 1917) is famed for its deep velvety falls.  But,
after thinking it over, irises named "little something" or "new something"
are always in the shadow of their famous nameske...so I decided against the
name.  The fact that its velvety falls are "reminiscent" of DOMINION, and the
different shades of purple (violet on the Royal Horticultural Society charts)
being the colors of the past, led to my choosing REMINISCENCE as the name.
Clarence Mahan in  VA