Re: No Subject

after thinking it over, irises named "little something" or "new something"
are always in the shadow of their famous nameske...so I decided against the
name.  The fact that its velvety falls are "reminiscent" of DOMINION, and the
different shades of purple (violet on the Royal Horticultural Society charts)
being the colors of the past, led to my choosing REMINISCENCE as the name.
Clarence Mahan in  VA

ah, sighhhh.
You are enchanting, Clarence!!

In your neck of the woods, OLD DOMINION would have meaning, also.  Is there
such a named iris??

Carolyn Schaffner in Buffalo, admiring my three blooms on IMMORTALITY today.