Re: Cameras and Iris photograaphy

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Cameras and Iris photograaphy
  • From: Diana Louis <glouis@rogerswave.ca>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Oct 1996 06:51:53 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 7 Oct 1996, Dennis Stoneburner wrote:

> SCHAFFCM@snybufaa.cs.snybuf.edu wrote:
>
> > Can the processing be done by your friendly local "cheep, two day service"?
>
> Find a GOOD photofinisher and stick with them.  Sometimes "Cheap" 2 day
> places are very good.  Stay away from the 1 hour places - these people
> are not trained to do good printing - they are lucky if they dust the
> file before printing.
>

> > How about getting prints from slides?  Good Idea? or should we take two
> > photos - a slide AND a print ??Only as a last resort.  When doing this - an "Internegative" is made and
> a print is then made from this.  The interneg is the important part - and
> many people don't know how to do it properly.  Tho - a hint that is a
> secret between you and me - Kodak is coming out with products to do this
> electronically - no interneg is needed and you will get excellent quality
> - maybe while you wait.    Stay Tuned> Dennis - zone 6-7 sorta

Hey really looking formard to this because printd from films always
looked much worse than the slides.

> > And a tripod would be essential, I'd think.

FWIW, I have a monopod which is a lot easier to carry around which
is importat when I'm out in a field trying to find hoeybees on
wildflowers and dragging my camera with me.

--
Diana Louis <dlouis@dynamicro.on.ca>
Zone 4/5 Newmarket, Ontario, Canada