Re: I. unguicularis at 100 F?

Tom Dillard wrote:
> Gerry:
> I have grown Iris unguicularis for 3 years...from seeds...and never had a
> bloom.  I am going to move them to a warmer place, perhaps.  What do you
> recommend?  The British seem to relish this species...and I've never even
> seen it in bloom!

I would think you shouldn't move them until spring, to see whether
this is the winter they will bloom for you. If you do move them, some
shade during the hottest part of the day might be a good idea, if you
have such a spot.

Good luck,

Gerry, who bought 16 rhizomes at a regional auction last night
(@ around $3.50 each--I almost feel guilty)

PS  Don't expect tall bloomstalks--they bloom way down in the foliage