Re: Cameras and Iris photograaphy

Dennis Stoneburner wrote:
Stay away from the 1 hour places

John I Jones wrote:

> How are the 1 hour places on the developing process? There are times I want a quick
> set of prints, and would get better prints later if the film is ok. I assume it has
> mostly to do with how well they keep their chemicals and how well they keep the
> equipment in tune and clean.

Training - chemical mixing and balancing - calibrating the printers -
etc.  Don't get me wrong - there are some 1 hour places that are great -
but they are also top quality people who care and are paid well.

********
 Also, I seem to remember that you should overexpose slide film by 1 stop
and
> underexpose print film by one stop. Having to do with leaving more molecules in
> place on one and removing fewer on the other. Is this out of date wisdom??
No not really, depends on film type, and what you are photographing.
*******
I guess
> the way around the problem is to take three shots of each flower bracketing the
> proper exposure by one stop on each side.

Always a tried and true method.  After you take enough pictures and keep
a notebook of what you are doing, bracketing will become less and less of
an option.

Dennis zone 6-7 sorta