Re: 1996 Winners in Florence Italy

At 07:47 PM 10/8/96 -0500, you wrote:
>I just sent the following information to Scott A. for the International News
>column in the January AIS Bulletin.  A couple of people had previously asked
>me if I had this info, and I did not until yesterday.  People on the list get
>information faster that others...

Clarence, is the winner of the Perugia Garden Club Cup for the Best Scented
Variety: PERFUMED LADY (L. Donnell, Australia) available in the United
States?  What about the availability of the other varieties from non - U.S.
hybridizers? Is there any notorious importer in the U.S. from which
varieties such as these can be obtained?

I know we've touched on the topic before on the IRIS-L, but how stringent
are the customs requirements on irises being shipped into the U.S.?

Also are there iris growers in Europe or abroad which anyone might recommend
as reputable, reasonably priced, and capable of shipping orders to the U.S.?

Donald Mosser
North Augusta, South Carolina, USA
Zone 7b-8