Re: Reblooming Immortality

>John Jones asks...
>My first stalk of Ship Shape is within two days of opening, I can see
>about 2 inches of blue above the green outside casing of the bud (is there
>a >name for those parts?)

Yup...

Spathe (spathe-valve) -- A bract or modified leaf subtending a flower or
group of flowers (often an inner and outer spathe are present in iris)
Spathes may be green and fleshy or dry and papery -- In the early stages of
development the spathes enclose and protect the young flower buds.
Best regards,

Mike Lowe, mikelowe@tricities.net
South Central Virginia, USA
USDA Zone 7A, pH-5.4,  very sandy loam
185 to 205 frost free growing days per year