Re: lack of bees

On 10/8/96 7:56AM, in message
SCHAFFCM@snybufaa.cs.snybuf.edu wrote:

Obviously plenty of bees the other side of Toronto.

Ginny -- any thoughts about how the amount of rain and moisture has
differed?? and whether the action of the bees is affected by the level of

I have some things that would be difficult for bees to get to, that are also
not maturing the pollen as I would like them to so I have been out there
crossing these myself.  The whole bloom seems to be too damp to set
and the few bees that are around would rather (or did during bloom
take life easy on the sunflowers and buddelia than to have to work hard to
bet inside complex blooms.

Carolyn Schaffner
I have learned one thing if nothing else from this mail list.  The iris is a
very versatile plant.  Carolyn is having problems because it is too wet to
set pollen and my crosses fail because it is too dry.  What a world we live
Dana Brown  Lubbock, Texas  Zone 7
Where the coldest it's ever been is
-17 on 2/8/33 and the warmest it's
ever been is 114 on 6/27/94