Re: lack of bees

On 10/8/96 9:01AM, in message
<961008095729_204977581@emout02.mail.aol.com>,
CEMahan@aol.com wrote:

>Not many of my rugosa roses have bright red hips the way they are
>supposed to have.  I had great bloom.  Put lack of hips down to lack of
>bees.

Very interesting! I notice that the wild bindweed I missed and have been
cleaning out this week has set far fewer pods than usual. Clarence
Mahan in
VA
--
    HALLELUJAH!!!  I can only hope that holds true for down here.  I
haven't noticed a big decline in the growth of the bindweed but fewer

Dana Brown  Lubbock, Texas  Zone 7
Where the coldest it's ever been is
-17 on 2/8/33 and the warmest it's
ever been is 114 on 6/27/94